This recipe is great for snacking with its sweet, spicy, and salty flavors and its loaded with protein and heart healthy fats.
Sweet and Spicy Nuts Mix
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup almonds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup cashews
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place nuts on baking sheet, mix and spread flat
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- While nuts are roasting, combine all spices in bowl and stir to mix.
- Remove nuts from oven and place in heat safe bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and maple syrup on nuts, stir quickly to coat. Then add spice mix and stir to coat again.
- Pour nuts mix back on baking sheet and roast for 2 more minutes.
- Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer to airtight container.